December 8, 2011

play it: 2011 holiday albums


Hello, everyone! I am sorry for my absence last week/early this week. This past weekend was the first meet for the high school swim team that I coach, so I was super busy with preparations and then catching up on the rest of my to-do list. Now that things have slowed down (slighty), I'm diving right into holiday-related posts. First up - my favorite 2011 Christmas albums!





Source: amazon.com via Kelly on Pinterest



1. Christmas, Michael Bublé
Since I love Michael Bublé and his classic, big-band style, it's probably no surprise that his holiday album is my favorite new addition to my Christmas music arsenal. My favorite songs: "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," "Jingle Bells (featuring the Puppini Sisters)," "All I Want For Christmas Is You," "Blue Christmas"





Source: amazon.com via Kelly on Pinterest




2. A Very She & Him Christmas, She & Him
I adore everything Zooey Deschanel does, including her indie pop duo She & Him. If you've never heard them before, their holiday album is a great introduction. My favorite songs: "Christmas Day," "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree," "Silver Bells," "Baby, It's Cold Outside"





Source: amazon.com via Kelly on Pinterest




3. Under the Mistletoe, Justin Bieber
I am not the biggest Bieber fan, but I must admit I do enjoy his music whenever I hear it playing. That being said, I decided to try out his holiday album. It is pure pop fun, perfect for dancing along to while decorating or baking Christmas cookies. My favorite songs: "Only Thing I Ever Get For Christmas," "Mistletoe," "Drummer Boy," "Someday at Christmas"





Source: amazon.com via Kelly on Pinterest




4. The Christmas Album Volume 2, Glee the Music
Regardless of storylines, I always love the Glee soundtrack. I adored their Christmas album last year, and wasn't disappointed with this winter's second installment. Similar to Justin Bieber's album, it puts a new spin on Christmas classics in totally upbeat, fun way. My favorite songs: "Santa Baby," "Christmas Eve with You," "Let It Snow," "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"



What 2011 Christmas albums/songs are you enjoying this year? Also, you can check out other awesome Christmas albums here.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...