February 28, 2011
- Love this tribute to Presidents' Day!
- As sad as I am that Steve Carell is leaving The Office, I'm excited for his upcoming projects.
- Inspired by the story of a flea.
- Laura is awesome - loved her posts on taxi wisdom and reading.
- Both of these recipes by Framed Cooks look tasty - egg sandwich with spinach, brie, and maple bacon & Vermont cheddar soup.
- What a adorable ad campaign!
- Kate Spade's Live Colorfully color for February? Pink, of course!
February 24, 2011
February 23, 2011
February 22, 2011
- Spending lots of time with family this weekend
- Day off yesterday due to Presidents' Day (in honor of George Washington & Abraham Lincoln's birthdays!)
- Having a day off today due to bad weather
- My boyfriend and our dog being okay after getting into an accident yesterday
- Knocking lots of things off my to-do list
- Having electricity (it went out this weekend due to the storm!)
- Coffee and dinner plans with friends this week
- Girls' night with childhood best friends this weekend
- Parks and Recreation marathons
- New teaching clothes
- New magazines to read that were delivered while I was away from home
- An adorable cupcake-making gift bag from my boyfriend's mom
- Getting enough sleep : )
February 18, 2011
- Loving this fashionable bunny!
- How fun are these cha-cha-cha directions?!
- Entertainment news: first look at Andrew Garfield in his Spider-Man costume, interview & video with Topher Grace about Take Me Home Tonight, Tim Allen returning to TV!, Something Borrowed movie trailer, and road to the Oscars fun.
- Further proof Google is taking over the world: they now have awesome FREE wedding planning tools!
- Are you a Joseph Gordon-Levitt fan? If so, this tumblr is for you.
- The description and photo of this salad literally made my mouth water.
- Love love LOVE this idea and the adorable cookies that go along with it!
- Obsessed with Artessen.
- I can't stop looking at photos of this garage converted into a home. I would totally live there!
- Adoring all the pink, & all the cobalt : )
February 14, 2011
February 11, 2011
- Entertainment news: article on the casting of a new Lois Lane, Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher, full list of pilots ordered by the major TV networks, and Julia Roberts as Snow White's evil queen.
- Kate Spade has a tumblr. Be still, my heart!!
- Definitely enjoyed this interview with the Matchbook Magazine founders and this one with just Katie Armour.
- It's interesting to see what celebrities were once roommates.
- Love the Makeunder My Finances series on MML.
- Have you heard of the Google Art Project? You must check it out. Incredible.
- This to-do list of Johnny Cash's brought a smile to my face.
February 10, 2011
February 9, 2011
February 8, 2011
February 7, 2011
Today is the first Monday of February, which means it's time for my New Year's, All Year Challenge update! To be honest with you all, I haven't done as well so far on the challenge as I wanted to be doing at this point/thought I would be. However, I know that I am doing well in other parts of my life and I can use that knowledge to inspire and motivate me.
- Develop blog further through establishing fixed features, etc. - I have started to post humorous stories or videos every Wednesday. How do you all like it so far?
- Cook one new recipe a month - winter salad
- Create and wear wardrobe with intention - got my first pair of Sperrys! I love them, I wear them whenever I can.
- Eat at least two servings of both fruits and veggies every day - my favorites are apples and carrots.
- Go to mass once a week - I've missed a week or two, but I think I've done pretty well so far.
- Teach Madison to stay and give paw - we're making substantial progress with stay!
- Complete at least 40 service hours - I just finished organizing/executing the last curriculum night I will be in charge of for my teaching community
This month, I hope to make further progress on the above goals and progress on the goals I haven't worked much on yet. And it's not too late for you to join the New Year's, All Year Challenge! Any time is a great time for change. If you're going to join the Challenge, leave a comment saying so/linking to your goals, or shoot me an e-mail.
February 4, 2011
- I want pretty much all of these love posters.
- Definitely looking forward to reading the magazine High Gloss this weekend!
- I loved The Dark Knight, so I've been excited for The Dark Knight Rises. Then I heard about Anne Hathaway joining the case. And now Joseph Gordon-Levitt is, too? So pumped!
- Fascinating article about Swedish surnames.
- My awesome friend Kaylyn hooked me up with this interesting "Which Founding Father are you?" quiz. (If you take it, make sure you tell me what you got in a comment!)
- Totally obsessed with Scholastic's You Are What You Read.
- I definitely enjoyed this slideshow of top romantic movies.
- Love this quote post.
- Favorite weddings of the week: one, two, three.
- Like this idea for a resource party.
- Interesting (and brief article) about the Oscar curse.
February 3, 2011
February 2, 2011
February 1, 2011
- Cherry Chapstick to keep your lips soft and healthy
- Faux fur-lined mittens to keep your fingers toasty
- Scarf to protect your neck and face (and look stylish)
- Boots to adequately navigate the snow
- Hot tea to wake you up and warm you up
- Fluffy robe to lounge around in
- Cozy blankets to snuggle under
- Fitness DVDs to stay in shape and have fun indoors
- Campbell's Chicken and Rice soup for the perfect winter meal
- Netflix subscription with a Roku player to relax and laugh with
- Brightly colored pillows to cheer up your mood and cuddle against
- Reading material to fuel your imagination
- PLUS: tips for avoiding a winter cold