- I adore the couches and coordinated throw pillows in this post!
- Inspired by Taylor's excellent attitude.
- Need to try this chocolate rum cake.
- Loving this assortment of ideas for a rainy day.
- I cannot read enough about the royal wedding, and People definitely has the best coverage. My favorite features? The official wedding photos, the photos of the two public kisses, the best hats slideshow, and the photos of the new Duchess's wedding look.
- I still need to try Sally Hansen's nail strips, and these new patterns only motivate me more!
- Enjoyed Refinery 29's interview with Matchbook Magazine's Katie Armour! And speaking of Katie Armour, love these bags she posted about!
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy is returning to theaters this summer - extended editions! Are you going? I will be!
- Some quick and cheap ways to chill out.
April 30, 2011
Hello, everyone! How was your week? Mine was crazily busy - my last day of student teaching was Friday! So bittersweet. I'm going to miss it a lot, but I sure am excited to be done and graduating! My amazing boyfriend Dan sent roses to my school on my last day : ) a wonderful surprise, followed by dinner at one of our favorite local restaurants, El Zarape. It was a great way to kick off this weekend, which is being spent working and relaxing. What are you doing this weekend?
April 28, 2011
Hey, everyone! Sorry for my absence this week. It's my last week of student teaching and things have been craaaaaazy (as well as bittersweet). I am looking forward to returning to the blog full-force next week!
Are you excited for the royal wedding this Friday? I most certainly am! After all, it combines things I love - history, tradition, weddings, royalty, Britain, Kate Middleton's style, etc. I won't be watching live - I have that pesky last day of student teaching ; ) I will be making my family DVR it for me, though, and fully plan to watch it while drinking English breakfast tea & eating scones. In the spirit of the royal wedding, here's some fun memorabilia that's floating about:
Wedgewood china and tin...
...a tea towel...
...and my personal favorite, PEZ dispensers : )
For awesome royal wedding coverage, I recommend you check out People & Glamour, along with the official wedding website! Can't wait to see Kate's dress!
April 24, 2011
- Some advice you should ignore.
- Tina Fey, according to Tina Fey (via A CUP OF JO). And on a related note, animated online episodes of 30 Rock!
- I am totally on Team Natalie regarding this controversy.
- Photos of the final Harry Potter movie!
- Loving this post with a yummy looking meal and a mother's love.
- A collection of adorable teapots - my favorites are the polka dots and stripes.
- Excited to read through the 2011 TIME 100!
- Family, of course!
- The perfect Easter outfit.
- The best Easter meal of paska, hrutda, ham, and kielbasa.
- Deviled eggs made from the eggs we dyed.
- A sunny, spring-ly warm Easter Sunday (An Easter miracle, perhaps?)
- Awesome seasonal candy.
April 20, 2011
April 19, 2011
After four years of doing laundry in community laundry rooms, and even though I probably will be living in an apartment for a few years still, I am dreaming of having my own laundry room someday. I like the ones featured above, particularly how they are decorated in a beautiful and/or functional way. I really like the last one - I would hang out there a ton! Which room do you like best? How would you decorate a laundry room?
April 18, 2011
With my final semester of college nearly over, I'm swamped with lesson planning, grading, preparing for a couple final presentations, and applying for jobs, while also trying to enjoy time in favorite places around town and with my amazing friends. I have had such a strong urge to bake and really decorate cupcakes, but don't have the time as of now. Someday soon, I will! And someday in general, I'd really like to be able to decorate cupcakes like the ones in the photos above. I think the cupcakes in the first picture are my favorite. How about you?
April 15, 2011
Hello, everyone! I hope you all had a good week. Mine was pretty decent - stressful at times, but certainly enjoyable at others. It definitely made me relate to the print above! I'm very excited for this weekend, not because of any major plans, but just to have some days off to be super productive and relax with my boyfriend, dog, and friends. What are your plans for this weekend?
- Definitely want to make and/or eat chocolate almond fudge with salted caramel sauce.
- Adore Victoria Secret's MLB PINK line! I for sure want some Indians gear. (found via fabulous k)
- Check out this amazing live feed of an eagle nest!
- Tips for happiness.
- A fun and sweet tea party photo shoot.
- This recent MML post provided some great inspiration for me!
- Love this classic yet funky living room.
- This is a super sweet story about a stray dog taking care of abandoned puppies!
- Great post about J. Crew's recent marketing campaign.
- Tina Fey is one of my favorite actresses and writers, and I can't wait to read her book! I want to read this book, as well.
April 14, 2011
Lately I cannot get enough of polka dots.
I would love to lounge around in a polka dot dress...
...have a polka dotted wedding cake someday...
April 13, 2011
The photo above is of a journal I had in elementary school, in which I said my favorite subject was citizenship (social studies) and that I wanted to be teacher. I also wanted to be, at some point in my K-12 years: a ballerina, ice skater, author, independent coffeeshop owner, psychologist, lawyer, filmmaker, and journalist. Teaching was the career I kept returning to. As a result...I am currently finishing up my bachelor's degree in education : )
I think a person's career/career goals say a lot about what they enjoy and what they care about, which is probably why teachers often ask students what they want to do when they grow up. If you haven't guessed it yet, I have another set of elementary kids' opinions for you today! The following answers were responses to the question what do you think you would like to do for a living when you grow up?
- "When I grow up I want to be a psychologist and report the weather so I can warn people when bad weather is coming."
- "When I grow up I want to be a police officer because they can speed and they have cars with hidden sirens for the undercover police officers."
- "I think I would like to be a professional athlete when I grow up because I would be able to raise money to donate to charity."
- "What I will do for a living is I will make the world a better place."
- "When I grow up I will be a lawyer because I like to help people and you get a lot of money."
- "When I grow up I want to be a teacher because I want kids to be extra smart."
- "I think what I will be doing for a living is I will be a teacher because I love to teach. (That is why I always grade myself. I am getting ready to be a teacher.)"
- "When I grow up I want to become a history teacher because I love history."
- "When I grow up I would like to be a nurse. I would like to be a nurse because I like to help people when they get sick or hurt."
- "When I grow up I want to be in the NFL because it is fun and I can learn more about football."
- "What I would like to do for a living when I grow up is to become a policeman because I can be helpful, solve problems, and help people figure things out."
Aren't the students' responses inspiring? They just fuel my desire to be teacher and help students reach their goals.
What did you want to do as a career when you were in elementary school? How does it compare to your career goals now?
April 12, 2011
I love window seats so much. Someday the house I own will have one, just like my family's house does now. My favorite of these three is the second one. How do you feel about window seats? Which of these three is your favorite?
April 11, 2011
- The photo above
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure nail polish (especially in Commander in Chic)
- Watching The Golden Girls
- Yummy ice cream treats
- Seeing and now quoting the movie Your Highness this past weekend
- Long walks with the dog
- Reading articles on Reese Witherspoon's wedding
- Making delicious chicken and pasta dinners with the boyfriend
- Weather getting warmer
- Listening to all the Glee volumes on shuffle
- Visiting with family and friends this past weekend
What is making you happy this week?
April 8, 2011
- A few simple ways to save money.
- Adore this collection of super cute teal items.
- Coffee ice cream? Yes, please!
- Just in case you need some reasons to go on vacation.
- Photos of Laura's trip to the top of Rockefeller Center took my breath away. I need a trip to NYC, stat.
- Love people who love their pets.
- Tips on how to green your kitchen.
- I've officially added Edinburgh to my list of places to visit in my lifetime.
- The best time of day to do different activities.
- Help out a little girl named Violet!
Happy weekend : )
April 7, 2011
Today is a big day for me...it's the Teacher Job Fair at my university! Today's post is in part to inspire and pump me up for the job fair, and in part just because I think it's a great video. In the current controversy over teachers' unions and public school funding, it remind us what education's main focus ultimately needs to be - motivating students and making a difference in their lives. ***Disclaimer: There is some swearing in this video.
April 5, 2011
These outfits really appeal to me. They have some of my favorite things: scarves, jeans, navy, gray, pearls, flats like Sperry's or TOMS, stripes, and a splash of color. The last outfit is my favorite. What are some of your favorite fashion elements? Which outfit would you wear?
April 4, 2011
April 1, 2011
Today is my mom's birthday. My mom is wonderful and an inspiration to me. I have no idea what I would do without her, even though we don't always get along (probably because we are so much alike...right down to our looks!) My mom has always put family before everything else, but has still managed to earn a bachelor's degree, an associate degree, and a masters degree. She is compassionate, motivated, funny, and creative. I love you, Mom! Happy Birthday!
- Love this spring/summer outfit! And these Reese Witherspoon photos.
- The drawings of these gargoyles totally portray how I feel when I'm grumpy!
- Ways to get toned without formal workouts and ways to exercise outside.
- Movie news: a Monsters, Inc. prequel, a first look at Pixar's Brave, details on the new Muppets movie, and 2011 being the year of the mermaids?
- This bread looks so good.
- I want to move into this Lake Michigan cottage. A gorgeous cottage one of the Great Lakes? Seriously can't get any better.
- Love advice from 9 year olds and 99 year olds...so sweet and wise!
- Definitely want this special issue of Better Homes and Gardens! It would go well with any of the gadgets in this cupcake-making slideshow.
- The friends everyone should have.