March 24, 2011

LOL: everyone loves recess



Remember a couple months ago when I posted about elementary school kids' thoughts on a pet cheetah? Well, my dear teacher friend recently shared another question and response set with me. The question this time was: "If you could change any school rule, what would it be?"


Student responses...
  • "If I could change any school rule it would be no homework on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday."
  • ‎"If I could change any school rule I would change 30 minutes of recess to have an hour of recess because I want more time to play tag."
  • "If I could change any rule in school it would be to have an extra recess whenever we want to."
  • "If I could change any school rule it would be that every grade gets a break at 2:30 pm."
  • "If I could change a school rule I say we can have recess for the whole school day."
  • "If I could change a school rule it would be that everybody could go to the gym whenever they want to."
  • ‎"If I could change any school rule it would be the no talking rule because I always get in trouble for talking."
  • "If I could change a school rule it would be to have lunch for free because if kids don't have money they will still get lunch." [This sweet student was unaware many students at the school already benefit from free/reduced lunch]
  • "If I could change any school rule it would be the one about running in the hall." [My teacher friend assures me this student meant running in the hall should be allowed]
If you could have changed any school rule during your K-12 years, what would you have changed?




image source

1 comment:

Rachel said...

this is adorable! i love how much all of them like recess hahaha. i'd probably say the rule i wish could've been changed was having to run a mile in 7th, 8th, and 9th grade! that was torture! especially for me, considering my love of running :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...