Sorry for the lack of a post yesterday. I have no "rational" excuse, but I have what I consider an acceptable one: I was busy re-reading the seventh Harry Potter book. You'll be pleased to know I finished it in time to both happily and sadly attend a 12:04AM showing of the eighth and final film. Did you see it yet? Are you planning to? I highly recommend you do, it was fantastic (more of my opinion next week)!
While you're waiting to leave for the movies, or relaxing at home, or whatever you're up to this weekend, enjoy some weekly gems!
- Everybody needs to read this inspiring story (And I mean, really read it, go through all the links and background). So moving. (via Aspiring Kennedy)
- Awesome entertaining tips from Emily.
- Fitness tips and an awesome outfit from Taylor.
- Courtney Cox's Malibu house is gorgeous! And Hank Azaria's Bel Air home is pretty fantastic, as well.
- Neat podcast recommendations and photos of Audrey from Fallon.
- If you love HP and FYA as much as I do, the you'll enjoy the 10 High School Lessons I Learned From Harry Potter.
- Speaking of HP, I adored Ezra Pound Cake's several "Harry Potter feast" posts this week!
- Other recipes added to my "Need to Make" list: pasta with yellow tomatoes, cherry sorbet, frozen cocktails, caramel banana cake, and giant rainbow cookies. I also want to try cupcake fondue! (via Glitter Guide)
- Although I'm not a graduate wife, I sure appreciated Lauren's three posts full of tips on living well and nurturing a serious relationship on a tight budget.
- Similarly, though I'm not a working mother, I was fascinated by a new series on balance curated by Joanna.
- Cute post about dogs' happiness.