February 27, 2012

oscars recap 2012


I love watching the Academy Awards. I seriously act like a kid on Christmas. Everything about the show interests me: fashion, montages, behind-the-scenes, host and presenter humor, touching speeches, etc. This year, in addition to avidly discussing the show as it happened with my family, I also shared my thoughts and followed others via Twitter. In fact, I created a collection of my favorite Oscar 2012 tweets that offer humorous commentary and brief recaps of stand-out moments. That collection does include any photos of the evening's fashion, however. For that, you can check out one of these three slideshows (1, 2, 3) or check out my personal top ten looks list below:










10. Miss Piggy in Zac Posen and Kermit the Frog in Brooks Brothers : )







9. Sandra Bullock in a gorgeous backless Marchesa gown







8. Cameron Diaz in Gucci







7. Penelope Cruz in Giorgio Armani







6. Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab







5. Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli Haute Couture







4. Tina Fey in Carolina Herrera







3. Kristen Wiig in J. Mendel







2. Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji







1. Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen





It was really hard to narrow down to a single "Best Dressed," but I fell in love Jessica Chastain's look. She just looked so regal and beautiful. I love the colors of the intricately detailed dress and how it complemented her skin tone and hair color. She looked like she was glowing! Octavia Spencer was definitely a close second for me. Her dress flattered her perfectly, in addition to being totally gorgeous. I adored Emma Stone, Tina Fey, and Kristen Wiig's looks as well. I felt like the gowns all fit their personalities (well, at least the view I have of their personalities) and took their natural beauty to the highest level. Milla Jovovich, Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, and Sandra Bullock all looked outstanding. Their gowns are what I imagine when I think "Oscar dresses" and they all pulled them off flawlessly. Lastly, I had to include Miss Piggy and Kermit. I just can't deny the Muppets, especially in formal wear. I mean, really - who can resist this?





Source: thefw.com via Kelly on Pinterest








What were your favorite moments of the Oscars? Favorite red carpet looks? What wins were you happiest to see?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...