February 28, 2012

use it: nail polish


Though I'm not a huge beauty product person, my interest has increased over the past couple years and I'm always on the lookout for useful, bang-for-your-buck goods. I'm especially a sucker for nail polish. My favorite colors as of late are:





There's no need for any base or top coats, and it lasts without chipping for at least a week (maybe more if you are better at maintaining polish than I am!). I love the shade All Fired Up - it's the perfect, classic "Matchbook Mag" red.




Essie in Peach Daiqiuri + Essie Luxe Effects in As Gold As It Gets


I love Essie nail polish for its adorable bottles, cute names, and gorgeous shades. This fun pairing was just what I needed to brighten up the gray days of February in Cleveland. I fell in love with the Luxe Effects and want to collect all of them. Next time, though, I will use a clear top coat in addition to the top coating of Luxe Effects in order to make the job last longer.




Butter London in No More Waity, Katie


One of my best friends, Elizabeth, got me this polish for Christmas this past year. We are both big "royal watchers" and adore everything to do with the Middleton sisters and 2011's wedding of the year. I was excited to get this shade not only due to fact it was created in honor of the royal nuptials, but also because it is truly a beautiful shade. A glittery polish, I applied two-three coats until the shade appeared solid on my fingers and added a clear top coat. It holds up well for basic day-to-day functions, but not so much for tasks that require a great deal of handwork, like big cleaning projects or something of that nature.




In addition to wanting to try more of the Essie Luxe Effects line, I really want to try out Zoya nail polish, as I've heard a lot of good things about it in the blogging world the past few months. And of course, I've been wanting to try Deborah Lippmann polish for quite awhile now. Have you tried either line? What do you think? What are your favorite brands and shades?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...