June 13, 2011

update: new year's all year challenge







If you have been following this blog for awhile, then you may remember that this year I decided to embark an adventure I call the New Year's, All Year Challenge. I intended to post monthly updates on my adventure on this blog. That fell apart in March when I got pretty sick. April and May were super busy with graduating and moving, and I didn't have the time to really sit down, reflect, and write an update post. So here it finally is! An update on how I am doing on the Challenge.

A complete list of 2011 goals are here. This is the progress I have made in the past few months:
  • Developed blog further
  • Applied for full-time teaching jobs; attended job fair
  • Read a few books (with reviews to come soon!)
  • Cooked a couple new recipes
  • Gathered wardrobe inspiration and bought a few new pieces
  • Began eating healthier and exercising more
  • Have made more progress with Madison learning "stay"
  • Began using Mint.com to budget better
  • Doing better with more thoughtful/meaningful gifts for loved ones
  • Using Pinterest to document home inspiration; got my first interior decorating book

While I would love to meet all the goals on my Challenge list, I recognize that might not happen, especially with how busy this summer is shaping up to be. I will continue to work on all the goals, but the ones I will focus on the most are the ones that I think will have the largest and most positive effects on my life right now. These goals are:
  • Get a full-time teaching job and/or apply to graduate school
  • Reach a healthy BMI
  • Save a substantial amount of money
  • Bake one new recipe a month
  • Cook one new recipe a month

On a different note, you may have noticed that I had multiple goals on my Challenge list that related to health and really could be considered stepping stones to the overall goal of reaching a healthy BMI. I am starting a new sort of journey to reach that overall goal, which I will discuss on a second post later today. Be sure to check it out, I am so excited to share it with you all!


Have you kept up with any 2011 New Year's Resolutions? Similarly, do you have any summer goals or a summer fun /"bucket" list?




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...