A complete list of 2011 goals are here. This is the progress I have made in the past few months:
- Developed blog further
- Applied for full-time teaching jobs; attended job fair
- Read a few books (with reviews to come soon!)
- Cooked a couple new recipes
- Gathered wardrobe inspiration and bought a few new pieces
- Began eating healthier and exercising more
- Have made more progress with Madison learning "stay"
- Began using Mint.com to budget better
- Doing better with more thoughtful/meaningful gifts for loved ones
- Using Pinterest to document home inspiration; got my first interior decorating book
While I would love to meet all the goals on my Challenge list, I recognize that might not happen, especially with how busy this summer is shaping up to be. I will continue to work on all the goals, but the ones I will focus on the most are the ones that I think will have the largest and most positive effects on my life right now. These goals are:
- Get a full-time teaching job and/or apply to graduate school
- Reach a healthy BMI
- Save a substantial amount of money
- Bake one new recipe a month
- Cook one new recipe a month
On a different note, you may have noticed that I had multiple goals on my Challenge list that related to health and really could be considered stepping stones to the overall goal of reaching a healthy BMI. I am starting a new sort of journey to reach that overall goal, which I will discuss on a second post later today. Be sure to check it out, I am so excited to share it with you all!
Have you kept up with any 2011 New Year's Resolutions? Similarly, do you have any summer goals or a summer fun /"bucket" list?