November 11, 2010

veterans' day

the view from my window of my junior year residence hall


Today is Veterans' Day. As a future social studies teacher, and a person related to several amazing members of the armed forces, I felt the need to call attention to this often-overlooked day of remembrance. To me, this day means reflecting on our country's past and the sacrifices generations of citizens have made. Thank you to all those who have, do, and will serve the U.S.A. as part of the military, and God bless you all. What does Veterans' Day mean to you?


I'm sorry for the lack of posts this week. I've been a bit ill this week, and in the middle of the night had to take my boyfriend to the ER after he started getting super ill with the flu. It was pretty awful - so if you haven't gotten your flu shot yet this year, I highly recommend you do so and take extra care to make sure all the elderly, young children, high-risk persons, etc. in your lives do so as well.

See you tomorrow for our week in review : )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...