November 7, 2011

outfit envy

While Dan and I won't be getting married until mid-2013, I can't help but let wedding and marriage plans sneak into my everyday thoughts - especially after this weekend, when I went to an incredibly beautiful wedding of a dear friend from college! I've always loved the idea of gray as one of our wedding colors, and ever since we got engaged, I'm hyper-aware of how other colors pop out when paired with it. I especially love the way gray and vibrant colors are used in the outfits below:






I love how using gray and denim in the big pieces like the shirt, pants, and bag and bright orange in the scarf, shoes, and belt is both casual and stylish.








Yellow and gray is such a gorgeous, happy, and calm combo of colors, and I love the way this outfit pairs them in a professional yet pretty way.









I think this outfit is an excellent example of how the color paired with gray doesn't necessarily have to be a bright color in order to stand out. The use of light purple in the main pieces and simple gray accents is peaceful and romantic.





What do you think of the use of gray in outfits, as either the starring role or as an accent? What colors do you prefer to pair it with?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...