November 23, 2011

read it: is everyone hanging out without me? (and other concerns)


Source: amazon.com via Kelly on Pinterest





Are you the type of person who has favorite celebrities? Well, I am, and Mindy Kaling is most certainly one of them. I love her on The Office (as an actress, writer, and director) and Twitter. She's always been a celebrity I wish I could have as a best friend, but her book just confirms this feeling. The book contains stories about childhood, living in New York City, her off-Broadway show Matt and Ben, living in Los Angeles, and The Office, as well as many other topics such as friendship, fad diets, and strict funeral plans, just to name a few. My favorite chapters included:
  • I Am Not an Athlete
  • Don't Peak in High School
  • Day Jobs
  • Best Friend Rights and Responsibilities
  • Guys Need to Do Almost Nothing to Be Great
  • Non-Traumatic Things That Have Made Me Cry
  • Married People Need to Step It Up
  • When You're Not Skinny, This Is What People Expect You to Wear
  • Revenge Fantasies While Jogging
Those are just the chapters whose pages I dog-earred the most. Every chapter made me laugh and just feel good about life. I definitely recommend this book if you (a) are a Mindy Kaling fan, (b) you like to laugh, (c) you appreciate both hard work and family, and/or (d) you enjoy discussing things like comedy, men, karaoke etiquette, and the ideal level of fame.

If you need more reasons to read, check out these links to articles and interviews about Mindy Kaling and her book:



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...