February 24, 2011

cook it: new recipe

Okay, so I will admit this post is a bit belated - it's about my Super Bowl Sunday! I spent the evening with one of my best friends, Claire. I don't have cable or a digital TV, so instead of watching the Super Bowl, we made dinner and watched Away We Go. Not too shabby of an alternative, if I do say so myself ; )







Pasta & Broccoli
Ingredients:
- penne noodles (I recommend whole wheat)
- broccoli (frozen is fine)
- olive oil
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- pepper

Directions:
- Cook pasta as directed on box.
- Once the pasta has been in the water for a few minutes, you need to work on the broccoli. You should begin the broccoli before the water for the pasta begins to boil.
- If broccoli is frozen, warm it up in the microwave (my favorite frozen vegetable brand is Steamfresh).
- Once the broccoli is warmed up, pour some olive oil into a pan and saute the broccoli.
- Around this time, the pasta should be finishing up with its boiling. Drain pasta and return to pot. Pour in a bit of olive oil and add as much pepper as you desire.
- Add broccoli to pot with pasta.
- Add mozzarella cheese.
- Mix together broccoli, cheese, and pasta.
- EAT! Serve with a white wine and enjoy with good company.
*This dish is good both warm right after being made and cold as lunch the next day.

If you make this dish, please let me know what you think! : )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...