March 2, 2011

oscars recap

So here it is, a couple days late - my mini-Oscars recap. It's mini for a couple reasons: 1) I've been pretty sick this week, and 2) I didn't actually get to watch the Oscars. I don't have a digital TV or cable, so I don't get TV reception.

Here is the complete list of Oscar winners. I was very displeased The Social Network did not win Best Picture or Best Director - I thought it was the best movie of the year. To be fair, though, I didn't see The King's Speech. Did anyone see both of them? If so, which of those two did you think deserved the award? Were there any awards you were particularly happy or upset about? I was definitely pleased Social Network won Best Score and Toy Story 3 won Best Animated Feature.

Of course, I must mention the fashion of the evening! Picks and some more picks for best Oscar gowns of 2011 - Mila Kunis, Reese Witherspoon, and Amy Adams were my favorites. And just for fun - a slideshow of best Oscar gowns ever (I love the looks of Halle Berry and Anne Hathaway). What gowns did you love from this year? From years past?



Finally, here's a montage of the evening's best moments, both funny and touching.




2 comments:

K. Bear said...

Well I think you already know this, but I figured I'd comment anyway. I saw both The Social Network and The King's Speech and in my very humble opinion, The Social Network deserved Best Picture :)

Kelly said...

I'm not sure if I already knew that, but I kinda assumed that's what you'd think. Always like comments from you in any case : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...